Setup your Netgear Router
To setup your Netgear Router with your Universal Broadband Account, please follow the steps below.
1. Confirm that your Netgear Router is an ADSL router, not just a simple network router. You can find this information in the product guide supplied with the router or can check online at Netgear's Product Support Website.
2. Once you have confirmed the router type, setup the hardware and connect it with your PC. For more help with setting up the router hardware, follow the product manual.
Once the Router hardware is connected, check if your PC is communicating
correctly with router. (You might need to restart the computer, after the router
is connected to it). On the desktop click on
Start and then on
In the open box, type
It will bring up the command prompt window.
Type command ipconfig in that window and press the Enter / Return key on the keyboard. It will bring up results similar to the image below.
Note the values of IP Address and Default Gateway in the ipconfig command results. If the IP address is in the range of 169. 254.x.x or 0.0.0.0, then your PC is not communicating to the router. In such a case contact your router vendor for support.
If the IP Address is in the range of 192.168.x.x then the network setup should be ok. Note down the values of IP Address and Default Gateway. Close the command prompt window.
4. Place filters on all the phone sockets, and connect the RJ 11 cable between the filter and router. (For more information on physical setup, click here ) the ADSL Linklight (marked in the image below) should turn into solid green on the router. (Please note that the label and colours of the front panel lights might vary with different models.)
5. Open Internet Explorer window and in the address bar type in the address that you found for Default Gateway. In case of a Netgear router it should be 192.168.0.1. So in this case address bar should contain "http://192.168.0.1 "
6. It should bring up the logon window similar to the image below. Type the router username and password in the respective text boxes. Refer your product manual for the default Router username and password. In case of most Netgear routers, default username is admin and password is password. Then click on the Login button to continue.
7. In the next window that appears, click on the setup wizard button.
This should bring up the Setup Wizard page similar to the image below. Select Country as UK and Language as English. Under Auto-Detect Connection Type, select No. Then click on Next button.
8. Basic Settings page will appear. Under Does Your Internet Connection Require A Login?, select Yes.
Configure the following settings in the window:
Now click on the Apply button. (Please note that it may take up to 5 minutes to apply the new settings)
Once you see the confirmation message that the settings have been saved permanently, close the window. You can now use your browser to connect to different websites.
If you need more information about router settings, click here
If you are still not able to make a connection to Internet, try basic router troubleshooting.
If you are still not able to connect using your Netgear router, try connecting with the modem supplied with your Universal broadband connection. For more information on how to connect your speedtouch modem, click here.
If you are able to connect using the modem and not with your Netgear Router, contact Netgear Support .
If you are not able to connect using the modem, then please contact out broadband support team by telephone, email or letter. Please click here for contact details.
Disclaimer: Please note one or more of the above links link to external websites. Universal cannot be held responsible for the information contained in these sites. Neither can we be held responsible for issues caused by the software available from these sites.