Setup your Belkin Router
To setup your Belkin Router
with your Universal Broadband Account, please follow the steps below.
1. Confirm that your Belkin Router is an ADSL router, and not just a simple network router. You can find this information in the product guide supplied with the router or online at Belkin's Product Support Website.
2. Once you have confirmed the router type, setup the hardware and connect it with your PC. For more help with setting up the router hardware, check Belkin's Network Setup Guide.
3. Once the Router hardware is connected, check if your PC is communicating correctly with router. (You might need to restart the computer, after the router is connected to it). On the desktop click on Start and then on Run. In the open box, type cmd.
It will bring up the command prompt window.
Type the command ipconfig in that window and press the Enter / Return key on the keyboard. It will bring up results similar to the image below
Note the values of
IP Address and
Default Gateway in the
ipconfig command results. If the
IP address is in the range of 169.
254.x.x or 0.0.0.0,
then your PC is not communicating to the router. In such a case contact your
router vendor for support.
If the IP Address is in the range of 192.168.x.x then the network setup should be ok. Note the values of IP Address and Default Gateway. Close the command prompt window.
4. Place filters on all the phone sockets, and connect the RJ 11 cable between the filter and router. (For more information on physical setup, click here) It should light up the SYN light on the router. (Please note that the label and colour of the SYN light might vary with different models.)
5. Open Internet Explorer window and in the address bar type in the address that you found for Default Gateway. In case of belkin router it should be 192.168.2.1. So in this case address bar should contain either "http://192.168.2.1" or "http://192.168.2.1:88". Then click on the Go button.
6. It should bring up a screen similar to the image below. Refer your product manual for the default Router password. In case of most belkin routers, it is blank. So, just click on the Login button.
7. This should bring up the Belkin Router Setup Utility. Click on the Wizard link on the top bar of this page. In the Connection type options, select PPPoA. Then click on Next button to continue. Notice that on the top right side of the page, it says "No Connection". Once the setup wizard is complete, it should change to "Connected"
8. In the next window that appears, put your username (that will include firstname.lastname@example.org) and password in the respective boxes. Make sure that there are no spelling or case mistakes while typing the password. Then confirm the password in the Retype Password: box. In case of VPI/VCI:, type 0 and 38 in the left and the right boxes respectively. Then click on Next to continue.
9. This will now bring up the confirm settings window. Click on the Apply button to save the settings.
It may take up to 5 minutes to save and update the settings. Once completed, you will see, "Connected" on the top right side of the window. Once you see that close this window and open your browser window to go to any website.
If you need more information about router settings, click here
If you are still not able to make a connection to Internet, try basic router troubleshooting.
If you are still not able to
connect using your belkin router, try connecting with the modem supplied with
your Universal broadband connection. For more information on how to connect your speedtouch modem, click
If you are able to connect using the modem and not with your Belkin Router, contact Belkin Support.
If you are not able to connect using the modem, then please contact out broadband support team by telephone, email or letter. Please click here for contact details.
Disclaimer: Please note one or more of the above links link to external websites. Universal cannot be held responsible for the information contained in these sites. Neither can we be held responsible for issues caused by the software available from these sites.