Error 680 No dial tone
This problem tends to occur between the modem and the phone line
- Make sure your telephone line is connected
to your modem. Insert one end of the telephone wire into the wall socket and
the other end into the back of the modem. When connecting the telephone line
to the back of the modem, select the socket marked "Line" or "Telco".
- Unplug all other devices attached to the
telephone line ( e.g. personal answering machine), and make sure your
telephone receiver is on the hook.
- If you have a call minder or answering
service, check and clear your new messages. This occurs because the call
minder gives a series of tomes to tell you you have new messages which can
sometimes interfere with the modem dial tone
- Run modem diagnostics which are available
from the modem icon in the control panel to ensure your modem is responding
- Restart your PC
- Attempt dialling from your handset to the
intended number excluding the 1470. If you cannot establish a connection
this indicates a problem with your phone line. If it connects it indicates a
problem with your PC or modem.
- Reinstall the modem using the modem